Roof and Gutter De-Icing
The cycle of snow and ice melting and refreezing can form ice dams that stop water from draining during a refreeze cycle. The built-up ice, snow and water can lead to serious damage to commercial rooftops.
Heat Trace's UL approved commercial roof and gutter heating system employs self-regulating heat cables. The heat cables provide a continuous drain path for melting snow and ice to flow (through the gutter and into the downspout). As with all of Heat Trace's commercial self-regulating heat cables, the gutter and roof heating cable uses less power as the roof and gutters dry and warm up.
The gutter and roof heating cables use the same raw materials (nickel) plated buss wires, 2700 series conductive compound, and no regrind usage (100% virgin polymers) as the rugged industrial heat cables that have performed reliably in the harshest of conditions.
- 25 years of self-regulating heat trace experience with commercial roofs
- Can be applied to all commercial roof and gutter types
- No need for thermostatic controls
- Easily repaired if damaged
- Can be overlapped without potential for overheating (unlike constant wattage)
- Cut to length in the field
- 150°F (66°C) maintain temperature
- 185°F (85°C) maximum exposure temperature
- Available in both 120 volt and 240 volt versions.
- Like all self-regulating heat trace cables, the 2800 can be overlapped and minimizes energy consumption.
- The need for thermostats and the potential for burnouts are eliminated.
- Complete Solution
Regardless of the type of structure or the severity of the climate, the Snowfree Roof Panel System is capable of protecting against the damage caused by ice formations and the resulting water damage. Eave panels are available in sizes ranging from six to forty eight inches with custom sizes available.